THE WHITE CROSS
Along the Grad-Kruplivnik road stands a plague monument White Cross, which was erected in the 18th century. In 1740 Europe was affected by plague, a disease that was incurable at that time and was killing people on the territory between the Raba and the Mura rivers for almost two months. Rigorous measures against the plague were taken: the traffic was completely stopped, the priests and healers that traveled around had to wrap themselves into sheets, soaked with vinegar or hard liquor, and the water needed to be reboiled. Despite everything, the black death took many lives. In remembrance of the terrible devastation the White Cross was erected.